Writing a resume is the initial step in landing on a job. You should know what word to be emphasized for you to get the attention of the HR managers, for whatever position you are applying for.
How to write a resume
Here are free resume writing tips that serves as stepping stone to your desired job.
- Write a cover letter by simply introducing yourself and stating why you are the best candidate fit for the job.
- Be knowledgeable on the type of job you are applying for including the qualifications for employment.
- Choose an appropriate design for your resume. There are sample available in the internet for the specific job you are applying for. There are outlines that would include objective, work experience, qualifications, and references.
- Your objective should fit with the job description. It lies whether you get the 10 to 30 seconds interest of your interviewer and will send your resume up to the next round.
- Use bullet points for your information to be clearly read. Auction words such as prepared, directed, managed, monitored, coordinated, implemented, presented and developed are the best words to use. Focus on how your education helped you to be qualified for the position you are applying, if you lack work experience.
- Symbols like $,#, and % should be included to save space that allows you to include more information in the resume.
Resume Formatting tips
- The length should be 1 to 2 pages only and the fonts should not reach smaller than 10 point.
- A white space can be used so that the eyes of the reader will go directly into that white space like the ones found in the ads of the newspaper. It is like an advertising technique that can be used in writing resumes too.
- Write a resume based on the keywords chosen by the Human Resources manager. It is usually found in the job description and implement them into your resume.These resume writing tip will give you an edge compared to other applicants, when followed.