Urban dictionary is not like the usual dictionary that we have, where words are being defined and are given multiple meanings by experts and authorized editors for the usage of a certain word. It is where ordinary people provide the definitions of a certain word and vote on descriptions for urban words.
An urban dictionary is a practical yet funny, slang dictionary with your own definitions. Terms and words however are not just limited to standard English words but also includes any kinds of comments, sayings, jargons and slangs that are used by many people. Mainly anything or any words people habitually use in their daily lives can be included in an urban dictionary.
Examples of urban words
- “january joiner” – meaning, you have joined the gym in January but then left it in February.
- “breaking the seal” – meaning, when you started drinking and then going out to urinate for every ten minutes.
- “rock start parking” – meaning, you have parked your vehicle directly at the entrance door of a restaurant, a club or a bar.
urban dictionary features
- You can search and browse for words by alphabet, or by latest additions.
- You can look at the word of the day.
- You can vote for word definitions to make the better words gain higher results.
- You can define words through text, images or even sounds.
- You can subscribe through their RSS (Rich Site Summary) for the “latest words” or “word of the day”.
- You can look up for word definitions straight from your mobile phone.
An urban dictionary may not make you the most wordy and linguistic person in the world, but it will surely make your vocabulary more interesting and amusing. This site will definitely give you the option to define your words and define your world.
You can check urban dictionary at www.urbandictionary.com